Thursday 6 June 2013

Top Indie Bands: Bonnaroo 2008

I always have friends coming up to me asking, “where do you find all of these new bands?” I tell them to go to a big music festival!

I went to my first music festival in 2008 and I had a blast. The festival is called Bonnaroo in Manchester, Tennessee where I saw some of my favourite bands Pearl Jam, and found new indie music labels that have good bands. Not only did I see some of my favourite bands, I also found some new ones that I still listen to today.

Ever since Bonnaroo 2008 I have gone to a music festival every summer. To be honest I believe that music festivals are more fun than an all inclusive week vacation, because the experience is so much better! Music festivals are the best way to find a new indie band. I have also been to Lollapalooza in Chicago, and Osheaga in Montreal. If you think Tennessee is too far, go to a closer festival like Osheaga.

At Bonnaroo 2008 I discovered bands that I still listen to today like: Against Me!, Iron & Wine, MGMT, Vampire Weekend, Tegan and Sarah, Broken Social Scene, and My Morning Jacket.

So, what I am saying is go to a major music festival and see your favourite indie band, but make sure you wander the entire festival and listen to as much music as you can, you might find your next best thing.

How do you find your new music?

What do music festivals mean to you? Share your experience!

You guys might also be interested in Vampire Weekend's new album!!

No comments:

Post a Comment